I asked myself how i can migrate SSD from the old one (120GB) to the new one (960GB) without vMotion and on a small ESXi 6.7 hardware. Found out to be pretty simple.
- Connect to ESXi 6.7 address webpage.
- Power off the VM you would like to migrate.
- Go to the datastore and copy/move the VM folder to the other storage location where you like to have it.
- Right click on the VM and unregister. Confirm.
- Go again to the storage in the new location where you copy/moved the VM, find the vmx file, right click and Register VM.
For me, having a 16Gb VM it took like 2 minutes to copy from one SSD to another.